Tuesday 10 March 2015

Toronto ComicCon: No Fear of This Alley

photo by/property of donna g
One of my favourite areas at Toronto ComicCon is the Artist Alley, where you can meet legends and up-and-coming artists all in the same space! Pencillers, inkers and writers! Oh, my! I love watching these artists at work, and with various price points, you can always find something to take home with you--maybe even a sketch of...well, you!
Love a good battle? An event I never miss is the Sketch Dual, where artists duke it out sketching brand new creations, while answering audience questions about their work. At the end of each session, two lucky people will walk away with an original illustration signed by each dueller. Who wouldn't want a sketch from the duelling teams of Mike Del Mundo vs Marco Rudy vso Michael Walsh or Michael Golden/Neal Adams vs. Chris Sprouse/Nick Bradshaw, to name a couple of participants coming to this year's Con?


I don't sew, I don't make armour, I don't do specialty make-up, but I do enjoy attending the Cosplay workshops, and panels to see just how some of these intricate costume creations are dreamed up and realized. Participants are always generous in sharing what worked and didn't work for them. Planning a costume? Have you figured out how you're going to sit in it, go to the bathroom, or how to cool yourself down after a few hours in your precious gear? Questions like how to make wigs or do make-up that will last are also answered. I find these sessions fascinating because as someone who is still a newbie to the world of Cons, I come away impressed by the talents and passions of these creators.
 
 
March 20 - 22, 2015
Logo: www.comiccontoronto.com


Metro Toronto Convention Centre 
South Building
FRI: 4 PM - 9 PM
SAT: 10 AM - 7 PM
SUN: 10 AM - 5 PM
www.comicontoronto.com

No comments:

1.         Photo courtesy of www.tiff.net A BUMP ALONG THE WAY (DISCOVERY) Synopsi s: With her charismatic smile and formida...