Thursday 18 October 2012

Donating to The More the Merrier: What's In It For You?


Me with writer/director, Ruba Nadda
 (Inescapable, Cairo Time, Sabah).
I love supporting Canadian Talent!
CIUT's Fall Fundraising Campaign is in full effect and I've got a few goodies to sweeten the pot if you donate to The More the Merrier on or before October 20th.

Ways to Donate:
Call: 416-946-700 Toll Free 1-888-204-8976
On line (secure server): http://www.ciut.fm/ (be sure to include The More the Merrier)
In Person at 7 Hart House Circle (3rd Floor



What You Could Win by Donating to The More the Merrier!

BOND, JAMES BOND! I've got several pairs film of tickets to Shaken, Not Stirred: Bond on Film. See Classic Bond films on the big screen at the TIFF Bell Lightbox at King and John Street. Value $24/pair (courtesy of www.tiff.net).
    image courtsey of www.tiff.net


    1 pair of tickets to The Spy Who Loved Me  (Sunday, November 4 at 12:00pm)

    2) 1 pair of tickets to For Your Eyes Only (Tuesday, November 6 at 9:00 PM)

    3) 1 pair of tickets to Live and Let Die (Saturday, November 10 at 12:00pm)



    Art Gallery of Ontario Passes
    image courtesy of
    http://www.ago.net/4854
    Value $50.00 (anonymous donation






      Why You Should Donate?
      • I called my show The More the Merrier to INclude not EXclude people. 
      • As a child I couldn't afford to go to a lot of arts events. I relied on radio and television shows to take me to places I couldn't attend, and to introduce me to things I wouldn't have the opportunity to learn about. I'm paying that forward with The More the Merrier. Every show that I do, I'm talking directly to listeners so that we ALL learn and, most importantly, feel included in what's happening on the arts scene. 
      • I also enjoy giving air time to guests who have no marketing/publicity budget. Air time for the arts has steady disappeared over the years. Many of the shows I used to watch/listen to as a kid are GONE! It's harder and harder for emerging as well as established artists to get air time to showcase their talent/work.
      • Whenever possible, I try to get giveaways to foster audience participation. Sometimes, all we need is someone to say, here are some tickets, try something new/different for us to step out of the house and experience the arts. 

      I listen for free, so...
      Like Big Bird, The More the Merrier can be killed if there isn't enough community support (aka donations) to justify having a time slot on CIUT. If feathers fly, are you okay with less talk on CIUT, and no talk about the arts on community radio?

      If you've read this far, thank you so much for hearing me out. Fundraising is a necessity that CIUT does only twice a year, the other 50 weeks are for YOU!

      Walk Good,
      donna g

      No comments:

      1.         Photo courtesy of www.tiff.net A BUMP ALONG THE WAY (DISCOVERY) Synopsi s: With her charismatic smile and formida...