Monday 23 July 2012

James Quandt on TIFF/Cinematheque's "Summer in France"

Small Change (L'argent de poche)
Courtesy of www.tiff.net
I love chatting with James Quandt, Senior Programmer for TIFF/Cinematheque. Even when I admit personal gaffes like thinking Small Change (L'Argent de poche) is directed by Louis Malle instead of François Truffaut, he may pause, but he politely lets it go. Some brain glitch of mine continues to assign credit for the film to Malle, no matter how often I remind myself of the truth! You can hear my mistakes as well as James' very qualified observations of the films and directors featured in Summer in France program (July 13 - Sept. 2).

No comments:

1.         Photo courtesy of www.tiff.net A BUMP ALONG THE WAY (DISCOVERY) Synopsi s: With her charismatic smile and formida...